Hello readers and bloggers! I'm Kelly here to welcome you to the party -- thanks so much for joining in! I love posting to link parties, don't you! Writing, photographing and sharing about my creations and life has been truly rewarding. Meeting ladies and commenting on what we've been up to is just so much fun! Too much fun, I've joined and shared in over a dozen parties since beginning this blog 4 short months ago. Each party has its own theme going on it's own flavor and I wanted to add my spice to the mix. So I'm starting my own party; EAT, GROW, SEW and hosting it for a whole month, not just one day. No need to stress about what day this party starts, it is always going on. I envision it being a library of good ideas, inspiration and things tried and true from each one of you! I want to see your yummy dinner ideas, pretty little things you've sewn and the greenest bean you could imagine! I want your coolest projects and each month I will pick one to make and feature. Because isn't that why we link up so that we can share our ideas for other to use.
Eat, Grow, Sew page above.
- Post topics welcome: (some sample ideas, the sky's the limit and so is your imagination!)
- Cooking - with pots and pans and raw ingredients, share a favorite recipe or a great website with awesome Chinese food - (but please no silly candies made from other silly candies, thanks!)
- Growing - pretty much anything that goes in the dirt: veggies, flowers, trees, shrubs - post a how to project or pictures of the summer veggie garden
- Sewing - this is totally open to anything made using a sewing machine like clothes, quilts, toys using any materials like fabric, leather, paper bring it on in tutorial form or just to show off
- Link up your individual post about your project, not the blog home page. This makes it easier to see what you are sharing, and it's just polite.
- Be a follower, or not -- it's up to you, if you follow let me know I'll follow you back.
- Please do grab an Eat, Grow, Sew button for your blog to place in the side bar or in your post, again it's up to you. Just please help me spread the word about our party!
- Comment, comment, comment! Let's be real, comments are the lifeblood of blogging so let's spread the comments around. If something catches my eye I leave a nice encouraging comment, it feels good!
- Post up to 3 projects a month in each category, cooking, growing or sewing. Time frame is not important, it could have been your favorite project from last year, but please keep it seasonal.
- Features! Every week or so I will feature a few of your creations on my blog at Blue Bird Sews, I'll even throw in a I've been featured button - we love those and at the end of the month you will vote on which one I should make!
- When you link up you are allowing me to use a photo and portion of your post as a feature on my blog. I will always give you full credit for all of your work.
- I reserve the right to delete entries that do not meet these guide lines - but I am sure I won't have to :)
I can't say how happy I am to be hosting this party, I hope it is something we all come back to for friendships and ideas. And as always you are what makes this happen so please let me know of any suggestions or ways to make this party better, funner! And please excuse any hiccups we may encounter in the beginning. I am a totally newbie at this and teaching myself as I go. Any pointers would be appreciated!
Thanks so much for participating or just commenting in!