WIP: Galaxy

Another week of work on the Galaxy. That's the phrase I lovingly gave to this quilt of enormity and stars.
I added two more blocks to make up for a lack of HST's (how do I get some math wrong each time I make quilt?!) and it pulls the eye up from the bursting center going on the other end. I still got a scrappy boarder to sew and a back to piece. End.in.sight.
The colors in the HST's work, giving the sharp but scrappy look I was going for. Hubby says the blue triangles look like a drops of water. The recipient of the quilt got to see a sneak peak before I was this far along. He was speechless. Gotta love that!
In two weeks I go in to long-arm the quilt and I am still undecided on what to do. The thoughts I've had so far include:
intersecting circles along light bands
half circles along edges of dark bands
Whatever grabs me at the time for each of the 14 star blocks

What would you do??? I could really use some perspective and ideas; thanks!
I'm almost ready to start my list back up for 2012. I am scrapping my 2011 WIP list and starting over - not to say there won't be a few UFO's in there!

Hey; do you sell? Are you interested in a link party with other virtual shop owners? Come back on Jan 31st for Store Front Meet Up a link party focusing behind the scences of your on-line shop or other ways you sell. I do Etsy but also do craft fairs, bazaars and markets and will be talking about what I have going on. Kinda like a WIP for your Shop. I'll have a post all about it coming up soon (check out the button on the side).

Thanks for stopping by my WIP, the Galaxy quilt, and if you haven't seen the link party that is WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced you're missing out big time!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
Cheers,

Kelly

9 comments:

Teje said...

Hi Kelly! Your new quilt is going to be wonderful and just perfect for your bedroom with those colours!
That link party for shops sounds interesting!
Sunny wishes! x Teje
PS. Your present is on it's way!

Pieces to Love said...

Wow that is amazing. I love it!

Kerstin said...

Oh wow, great quilt! The recipient better be speechless...

KimT said...

IMPRESSIVE WORK!

LynCC said...

I love "Galaxy" :D Maybe something suggestive of orbits?

Miranda said...

That quilt is big! And it's quite sight! I have no suggestions on how to quilt it, I can only do straight lines..But I like the idea of the intersecting circles on the light parts. No matter what you do it's going to be fantastic!

Katy Cameron said...

Oh yay, that's looking really great, no wonder the recipient was speechless! Looking forward to seeing what the link party is about

╰☆╮ Barb ╰☆╮ said...

Nicely done! No help for you on the quilting - that's always my hardest part, too. Looking forward to your Store Front Meetup - already grabbed the button!

Michelle (LemonadeGal) said...

Wow, Kelly! This is beautiful! I love to see a "man quilt." :) I cannot wait for the finish. I'm no help with the quilting, but I'm sure it will be fabulous!!

~Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...