WIP Wednesday

Hello and welcome to another work's in progress Wednesday hosted by Lee of Freshly Pieced. 95% of my time has been devoted to one project, one quilt: Musical Galaxy.


It is looking really good. I'm all done with the summer sampler blocks. I can't say enough good things about these blocks. Simple instructions and amazing results. I just might have to make another set for me. The rest of the quilt is being pieced one square at a time. Laying out sections and sewing them together like a puzzle.


The final design

What have I been doing the other 5% you might be wondering...
Making more little 9-patches out of these and sorting my scraps in anticipation of the library emailing me Scrap Republic is ready to pick-up. Can't wait.
There is lots for the WIP list but I'm not gonna go there until this beauty is complete. Not even gonna tempt myelf!

Head on over to Lee's and check out what a bunch of great quilters are up to.
Cheers!
Kelly

9 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Thanks for stopping by...much appreciated.
Your quilt is looking fantastic!!! I love your arrangement....

Katy Cameron said...

It was worth all the time you devoted to it!

Alison said...

What a fun quilt! The fabrics are absolutely beautiful!

Kate said...

Stunning! I love the contrast of the traditional fabrics and the modern offset layout.

Emma said...

Your blocks are lovely. What a wonderful idea for setting them. I have some blocks from a swap to set and you've just sparked all sorts of ideas of how to play with them. Thanks!

Michelle said...

What wonderful blocks, and the setting is going to be spectacular!

Miranda said...

It's really coming along. It's going to look really great when you get it all done.

Marsha Cooper said...

It's sure going to be pretty.
I am working on that scrappy quilt the gal at church wants me to make--well, working on it as I can in between our meeting times. If she had given me a copy of the picture of the quilt though I would probably get ahead in sewing it together. But, maybe she wants to show me correct ways to sew and iron it. I am going to draw the corner to corner lines on all the squares but won't go past that until I make sure I know what I am doing.

Lee said...

Wow!!! The blocks are amazing. And what a creative way to lay them out! Can't wait to see the end result. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...