NY Beauty Block and Visit

It's apt that today was the day I finally stitched up a NY Beauty block after joining the QAL group many, many weeks ago. I say apt because my Mother in Law is visiting from NY tomorrow, my NY connection. 


This is block 0 in the series and Kim at My GoGo Life gave a great tutorial to make sewing this curvy, paper pieced block easy. I have been dying to make a project with gingham fabrics and this is the perfect chance to play with the the little gingham stash I've been collecting.


I've got fabric cut out for 3 more blocks so I can make a pillow with the 4 blocks together. And I've got a stack of fabrics just waiting to make block 4 into a pillow too!


Sew Sweetness


With family in town we are going to be out and about around Portland and then spend some time on the Oregon Coast. A real vacation...starts now!

Cheers!
Kelly

4 comments:

Cherie said...

Great looking block! The gingham fabrics are really effective =D

Willy Wonky said...

I love New York Beauties, and if you love them, too, I hope you'll check out the article about my collection of NY Beauties in the latest Quilters Newsletter, August/September issue. Have a fun vacation!

Lily said...

Really pretty, and I wouldn't mind doing some quilting with gingham too! I saw a napkin pattern recently i may try. Enjoy your vacation!

ashley said...

Your block looks great! Love that gingham!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...