PMQG Swap-e-de-swap

What a fun night at quilt guild! Lots of yummy treats, ladies to talk with, prizes to be won, quilts to share & lovely sewn items to swap. Last month when fabric was being swapped out I pulled Susan Beal, the president this year and noted author! It was a joy to sew with her fabric picks of Flea Market Fancy and DS and those lovely pearl rings in yellows mixed with Kona grey.
I made her a patchwork half apron from a mix up of a few patterns I found here and here.  Using the pocket detail from one and the ties and general shape from another. I backed it in white linen and it gave such a pretty drape to the apron! I could see myself making another one.
The next little item I sewed is a needle book. I scoured pinterest for a good tutorial and found one at Nana and Co.. What an adorable website, so happy I stumbled here. I incorporated little vintages touches throughout the book and used that FMF again for the main fabric. So in love with needle books! Must make at least 100 more. Again I mixed up the pattern a bit and added a pocket to the inside flap.


Susan is super sweet and liked the little needle book and half apron I stitched up for her :-). Sewing with someone else's fabric picks was super easy because I loved everything she stuffed into that little sandwich bag.


My swap gift was just as wonderful! My partner sewed up the cutest hexagon pouch & fabric bucket! I love them both! Super cute yellow dandelion fabric she added and I've never had hexagon's before! Hooray!! - thank you thank you! Oh and an amazing hexagon hand made card, you can see it poking out there...it matches the pouch! So wonderful!



The talent in our guild is amazing! Here are some other made goods (I apologize for not giving credit, I didn't write down who made what)

The guild is a place to share with like minded people, women mostly - although we do have 2 to 3 guys too! And I so appreciate that instant foundation for community and friendship. It is only my first year of guild and I only go about once a month but it has enriched my life so much this year that I re-up the membership; hello 2013 PMQG!

Are you involved with the MQG? Share your guild love in the comments!

Cheers,
Kelly

2 comments:

Stone Cottage Adventures said...

Beautiful pieces!! I've been invited to join our local quilting group, but so far, have been unable to attend. Your post is certainly inspiration to join! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

Dawn said...

Such a pleasure to meet you at the guild meeting, Kelly! It was fun to connect your face with your blog. You scored big time with your swap gifts (and so did Susan with the items you made)!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...