A classic image that fits Madrona Roads's flowers and art deco feel of the stripes, text, doodles. I cut out the different flowers and shapes with scissors and stitched down everything on a borrowed sewing machine. I also used heat n' bond to set the shapes. The background quilting is simpler than what I would have done with my Viking. There for surely would have been some swirls in there!
On the back I used a couple triangles in each corner to make a place for a hanger or dowel to slide in so it is easily hung up on the wall.
That little hand is baby J's ;-) one of his finger nails is painted bright red, just like Mommies toes!
This challenge was my second sign-up for PMQG and it was just as fun as the swap! Seeing all the interpretations of the fabric and modern quilting is inspiring as always! Have a wonderful week!