PMQG Medallion Quilt: X Row Accomplished

I don't know about you but I like sewing, quilting, heck even paper piecing! But when faced with 24 little x blocks for this round of Portland Modern Quilt Guild medallion along quilt I was determined to finish it even though it tested my patience a wee little bit.



That said, the results are well worth the many (dare I say hundreds) of little pieces required! But my bitching aside, this quilt is shaping up to be a top 5 favorite of quilts I've made so far.

So although this isn't a finish in the literal sense; I also can't go any farther until next month's instructions come out, so it is finished for now. Pattern for the X's was done by Cath at Wombat Quilts and she has posted for your use for free.

linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts Finish It Up Friday.

Cheers
Kelly

8 comments:

April said...

Beautiful colors! and Dresdens are my favorite.

wombatquilts.com said...

Gorgeous stuff Kelly. Well worth the paper piecing dramas if you ask me...but I am a little biased.

Lucy @ Charm About You said...

mmmm dresden and X's - beautiful!

Esther F. said...

It is such a pretty quilt already! Can't wait to see what is next!
Esther
esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo com
ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

sue said...

I love it!

AnnMarie said...

Loving your blocks and how the medallion is looking at this point!

Schulz Family said...

visiting from crazy mum quilts. I love love it. The cross border on point is a fabulous change to see done. It is so effective.

Gina said...

your medallion is gorgeous!!! i love the dresden and the X's. how fun to see how it looks with with each additional border!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...