You've got to try pillow shams!

They are incredibly easy, wicked functional and super cute! My Grandma-in-Law asked for a set of pillow shams to go on her bed to match the quilt I made for her this summer. Luckily I had 6 blocks on hand from the flying geese mishap. There were too many; even including the back piecing I did on it (whoops!)!!!! (that needed a few extra exclamations) But in true blue-bird style I turned a 'mistake' into an opportunity and sewed them into pillow shams GIL likes!

GIL's pillow shams posing on our bed
Gratuitous pic's of GIL's quilt :)


Look! She really needs those pillow shams! 
I used a great tutorial from Prudent Baby as a starting point. I need to re-size them for my pillows, but GIL's fit just fine.
So really -- you're bed probably needs some pillow shams to match that quilt too!

Cheers,
Kelly

4 comments:

SewHappyGeek said...

Wow, they look fantastic! Well done you! I like the blue strips you've put with the blocks.

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Oh, I do like these, both the patterns and the colours.

Katy Cameron said...

That wasn't a mistake, it was an opportunity ;o) I'm sure she'll love them

Teje said...

Hi Kelly! Those pillows are so beautiful and my favourite colours! And they are perfect with that fantastic quilt!
Have a lovely weekend!
xxx Teje