Quilted Finish: QAL Value Play Pantone Quilt


Hello! I am usually excited but today I am really excited to share with you a finished quilt that does double duty as a Pantone Challenge Quilt and a Quilt with Me quilt along (QAL) finish! When I started the QAL I had no idea there was a radiant orchid Pantone Quilt Challenge happening in these same colors. How cool that purple is making it's way into modern quilting. Purple can be a hard color to work with but when paired with a neutral like grey it allows the colors to shine through. If you'd like to make this quilt then stay tuned I'll have all the links you need below. But for now enjoy the photos of my value play quilt!

Full Quilt Front

Quilt detail front

Quilt Back: pieced with leftover fabrics

Quilt Back Detail

Quilt Back and Scrappy Binding Detail:

Quilt Detail

Quilt and FMQ Detail: Echo Triangle Quilting



This quilt is a crib size measuring at 36" x 54". It will be listed in my Esty Shop. 
Thanks for looking and thank you to the Pantone Quilt Challenge Hostess:  On the Windy Side and Play Crafts

2014 Pantone Quilt Challenge: Radiant Orchid


Here is a list of all links to the QAL posts to make this quilt!

Cheers!

Kelly 

6 comments:

Spontaneous Threads said...

Perfect quilt for the Pantone Challenge! I think I'm warming to purples.

AnnMarie said...

Great quilt and I am still going to join the Quilt Along ~~ just a little behind.
Your talk was very inspirational last night! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous! I love it!

Anne said...

This turned out beautifully! I love the way the purple shifts through the quilt, it really draws my eye around the quilt!

Adrianne @ On the Windy Side said...

This is lovely - I think you've balanced the values across your quilt very nicely. The quilting is really fun too - must try that design some time.

ipatchandquilt said...

Love all of these purples together!
Esther
esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo com
ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com