Blue Hue's Scrappy Baby Quilt

Babies are coming. I have two good friends who are pregnant and due in the coming winter months. Lucky for me one is a boy and one is a girl so I get to make the best of both worlds. This past weekend was a little boy baby shower. You know it's gonna be scrappy but how scrappy would it go?

Super scrappy. I found a Thimbleberries pattern from an old quilt book of mind; 1-2-3 Quilt. The original was pastel mess but I changed it up with blue prints and solids.

All the colors and prints just ooze together for me; the whole is greater than the parts. These were prints that aren't my favorite or didn't have a lot of, just hanging out in the stash waiting for a turn. They came together so well, the overall it just cool. 

Of course I missed getting a picture with the mommy and blanket. I'll make sure to get one with the real owner when he decides to show up. 

The next quilt is for a little Winter girl. Mom and Dad are doing the room in purples so a purple, grey, white, cream half square triangle quilt will be coming, but not until after I sew up a bunch of rainbow goodness for the holiday bazaar shows. 


To be crayon rolls and notebook covers. Make me so happy to use up all these scraps! 
Cheers!

Kelly 

3 comments:

Catskill Quilter said...

Kelly, your blues scrap quilt is absolutely stunning! It made me glad that I get your posts in my inbox; I would not want to have missed this one!

Myra @ Busy Hands Quilts said...

Love the blue quilt and the rainbow strips in progress!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Those blues are gorgeous and I love your rainbow makes too :)