Winter's Steely Grey and Purple Quilt

Hi. It's really Christmastime now. Just a few days left until the family gathers and friends come to call. This is what all the preparation is for. But before I get back to the sewing of little person PJ's and snack bags I wanted to pop in a share a quilt finish from last month.


Remember my little boy blue quilt post? I had eluded to the two pregnant ladies in my life - one a baby boy (who is healthy and happy!) and a little girl (who is expected in February) - Baby Winter. It was baby Winter's turn and mom choose a very pretty palette of grey and purple. So I hit the stash and came back with several shades and a few creams for good measure.


Now with most of my quilt designs I wasn't exactly sure where this quilt was headed. I had a half square triangle quilt for inspiration so I started there and used The Sometimes Crafter tutorial for making HST (it's brilliant and quick).


Then I waited and during that time my circle of Do. good stitches was working on an HST quilt top inspired by this quilt top. It was just the right hues to work with the fabrics I had pulled.


So in the end it turned out beautifully. It is backed in flannel and straight-line quilted on either side of each triangle.


I am thinking of writing up a simple tutorial for this because it really is so easy to make. Would anyone be interested in that????

Cheers and Merry Christmas to you and yours!
Kelly

8 comments:

Jessica said...

Yes, tutorial please! This is beautiful!

Unknown said...

I don't know why, but I am not able to see the photos on my ipad. I'll have to use my laptop later to see if that will work.

Spontaneous Threads said...

what a beautiful quilt and a lucky little girl! Merry Christmas Kelly!!!

VickiT said...

OH my gosh! That quilt is GORGEOUS! I just love purple so this quilt is screaming at me for sure. Beautiful job. I'd love a tutorial for this quilt. Thank you.

I am sure the one getting that quilt will be absolutely thrilled.

Sara said...

The contrast in purples is stunning:)

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

you simply can't go wrong with a simple HST quilt. and the color palette is beautiful!

Thanks so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Gemini Jen NZ said...

My eyes were immediately in love with your quilt! The colours are just gorgeous - well done, it's wonderful!

Sweet Woodruff said...

FABULOUSLY GORGEOUSLY WONDERFUL. I have loved purple and grey together for awhile. This is so inspiring. I love it. You have an excellent eye for choosing fabrics too. It all looks so good together. Great finish. Happy Quilting.